Wednesday, June 24, 2009

First Day of Summer Hols

It's not even nine 0'clock in the morning and it's already HOT!

Itty Bitty and I have "agreed" that we would get up at the crack of dawn every day this week and spend an hour in the cool of the morning, lavishing my poor, neglected gardens with loving attention. Everything is overgrown and needs a haircut.

"Agreed" is in quotations, because there wasn't a whole lot of agreement on his part. It was more on the "DEcreed" side of things. But it's a good feeling to work hard early in the day, get it over with, and then just RELAX for the rest....guilt free.

And while we are on the subject of summer pleasures...

The advertising for Bud Light Lime has worked its spell on me, and as the weather got hotter and hotter this week, the more I craved a taste. I went to the Beer Store on Monday, and they were SOLD OUT! I went back yesterday, and met the new delivery. And I must say....I was not disappointed. I'm looking forward to finding a shady spot this afternoon to relax with a book and a beer.

But now? Shower, and then some sewing. I wonder if I'll get any UFO's done while I'm on holidays?




6 comments:

  1. Nancy, I'm with you on knocking out the outside chores early in the morning. Down here, I try to get it all done and be back in by 10am. Today, they've forecasted a whopping 104* for us. Fortunately, I live in a shady low spot, so it never gets that hot at home, but getting from the office to the house is miserable. Even with the car's A/C on its highest setting, it still doesn't cool until just before it's time to get out and go in the house. Enjoy the beer. I'm a brewer and am enjoying some very light wheat beer this summer...perfect with a slice of lime. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the hot part. My weeds are bigger than the flowers etc. Been really wet here, too wet to get out and pull weeds. The heat index has been about 107. And in the morning it is still in the 80's. Enjoy your beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After Ontario's long cold winter I'm not going to complain about the heat , your so right get up and get things done then enjoy the day .I'm making donuts right now ,thank god I don't have to turn on the oven .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm afraid to say it "out loud", but the weather here (northern WV) has been perfect all week!! Sunny but not hot, low humidity. I have had the house opened up and airing out and it just feels great all around. I feel for you and the heat. Early morning is definitely the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If the gardening becomes to daunting I'd be willing to lend a hand if you so need.

    ReplyDelete