Friday, August 28, 2009

Bistro Boxes - coming along nicely!

The pattern called for 5x8 blocks, but I had plenty of 4 patches left over, so I dug around in my stash for something that would blend in pretty well, and made two more blocks to make the quilt top 6x7 blocks. I added a very narrow black border before adding the wide brown border.


Then I pieced together all the leftover scraps and four patches to make a strip about 10" wide, adding a muslin rectangle into the mix to use for a label. I'm going to try my hand at quilting this myself on my DSM.


I have an idea about who I'm going to give this quilt to when it's finished - so I guess I'd better get to work on it!

5 comments:

  1. I'm just loving the simplicity of that quilt. And, it's so fun to see someone else's work and recognize fabrics I've used in a quilt before (right side, 4 blocks down, the tile fabric in brown. wish I could have found it in all those other lovely colors, too) Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fabulous......did Gibson help with the layout or is he still recovering?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. The coffee bean border looks perfect and I love the narrow black frame. Neat way to do the backing too!!!

    Hope to see you soon.

    CQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your too kind. You are making it for me, right?!?

    ReplyDelete