Friday, August 7, 2009

Thrift & Yard Sale Report for this week


I did a little yard saling on Saturday, and came home with some fabric - - though I certainly didn't need it. But, it was nice quality (Jinny Beyer, SSI, etc.) so, how could I resist? Those tone on tone neutrals are always handy to have in one's stash, no? The primitive cat quilt pattern was too cute to leave behind.


I spent an hour in the Goodwill Bookstore in London yesterday, and brought home a stack of books, including the selections above. Three of them are collected short stories of L.M.Montgomery ("previously unpublished"?) - - I've developed a Montgomery-mania, having read Vol 1. of her journals, and well into Vol. 2. (I blame YOU, Wendy!)

I more or less have the day to myself today. Hubby is working a double shift, and though I have one more speech to write, I don't feel a real sense of urgency about it. I coloured my hair this morning (the grey roots were becoming a serious problem!), did a little housework, and as soon as Itty Bitty gets out of the shower, I'm going to toss in a load of laundry and head out to look for a couple of more shirts for my Shirt Stripes Boxes.

4 comments:

  1. You had a great spree there. I love LM Montgomery too. Wasn't her life sad? I had no idea until I saw a biography on TV about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite the find. Do you know what you're going to do with the fabric yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good haul. The thrift stores around here just have j.u.n.k. I have bought a couple of books and some shirts for the mystery quilt, but as for fabric or patterns.....no way. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Road to Avonlea" that was aired on the Disney Channel appx. 10-14 years ago was a wonderful series of shows based on her Anne of Green Gables stories and other characters. We have the tapes and still enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete