Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Two more days of School!

Yep - - just two more. Then I'm home for three weeks.


I heard from Sailor Boy today. I can finally relax, after a month of intense anxiety. He is going to be posted fairly close to HOME! Thank goodness! I feel like I can finally take a deep breath for the first time since Canada Day.


I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to be doing for those three weeks. I have good intentions of getting ahead on reading for the first semester, but I have a feeling I'm going to be hiding in my basement sewing, or sitting on my deck reading novels. Tonight at the dinner table, Hubby and Itty Bitty were listing all their favourite "Mom-cooked" meals (you know, the kind that takes lots of prep work, take time to cook, or are generally really a P.I.T.A. to make), dropping large hints that these things should figure large on the menu in the coming weeks.


I have nearly all of my Shirt Stripes Boxes done now. I was squaring up the blocks last night at quilty friend Gail's last night. (Thanks for the great photo of my boobs, Gail!)






1 comment:

  1. Nancy, do I have a contest for you! I just know you'll win it too. You have to make something new out of something old... like thifty shop stuff and you're so good at that. You have til Sept 18 to get your entry in.

    http://www.janome.ca/revamp/

    ReplyDelete