Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Another FINISH!

Another finish! I put the last stitches in this baby doll quilt last night. Remember? I created it from the left over HSTs from my Lucky Stars quilt. This was a good project to practice FM quilting on my DSM.

Everything about this bed and bedding is scrappy. The bed itself was rescued from the dumpster at the thrift store. I made the mattress, sheets, and pillow from fabric in my stash, and the pillowcase is a vintage napkin that I folded in half and sewed up. I like the scallop edging and eyelet embroidery on the open end - though you can't see it in THIS photo! LOL

8 comments:

  1. You are really getting a lot of work done on your break. I can only wish I could stay so focused and get some of my projects knocked out. Hope you're enjoying doing it as much as I'm enjoying seeing your finishes. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute, what is the measured size of this little quilt? The quilting looks very even over the quilt surface....how was the process?
    What's next?

    Happy Sewing Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable and I love how you took the picture as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! And I'm curious about the size as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's adorable!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. :o)

    Now I'm off to have a look at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice doll quilt, and I am so glad that you saved the doll bed. A great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I were a miniature person, you'd have to pry me out of that bed - it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete