Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My First Day of Practicum

hu·bris : \ˈhyü-brəs\ 1. exaggerated pride or self-confidence 2. what happens on your first day of practicum that causes you to fall down a flight of stairs in front of a police officer, a security guard and ohhhhhhhhhh about 100 students

No....I didn't hurt myself.  I'm a little stiff in the upper back, neck, shoulder region - - which is weird, cuz I landed on my @$$!!!!!  It was a very exciting first day.  I was soooooooooooooo tired when it was all over, and I've got a whole whack of 'to-do's' for tomorrow. (Day #2) I'm sitting in on my first gen-u-ine counselling session tomorrow morning - - not a role play, and not MY OWN!!!  LOLOLOL

...I'll be sure to hold on to the handrail when I go up or down any stairs tomorrow

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are not really hurt! I teach middle school, have for years and years and years, and if I have learned on thing, it is that I always need to hold on to the stairrails. I had a teacher work day today, kids tomorrow, but I didn't update my school web site yet. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! On the first day of my practicum the supervisor was sitting at the back of the room and a little boy brought in a snake for sharing!! (I have a snake phobia!) Inside I was a screaming, hysterical mad-woman but on the outside...cool and collected. Needed a stiff one when I got home!! Whew!
    Glad those days are over! Good luck!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to make sure you don't take yourself too seriously, I guess. Glad you weren't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have nightmares like this and of course I am wearing shoes that do not match, my dress flys up and everyone can see up my dress and I forgot my homework!
    Yeah I still have those dreams and I am 57 years old already...gimme a break!

    I hope you laughed it off and picked yourself right up and bravely marched on.

    Glad you are okay :0)
    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no...have a nice trip...see you next fall! Seriously hope you feel better soon and that you don't have any lasting effects. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete