Thursday, May 6, 2010

Virginia Bound - top is done! (sort of...)


I haven't fully developed the idea of a border yet.  It's 65" x 80" right now. I like the idea of having a border all made in lights, so that the dark stars seem to float on top of the lights, and then frame it all in with a dark binding.  I might stop right there.  It's a good size for a twin bed, I believe.

So...what's next? oh yeah.  Maybe I should get back to my Courthouse Stars. It's been in a box since November-ish.  It began in September '09.  Perhaps I'll have it complete by Sept '10??

5 comments:

  1. Wow that quilt top is just gorgeous! I love it. In case you are looking for a home for it, Virgina Bound would be a most excellent couch quilt at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking good, between you and Erin posting, i am getting to like this one more and more. cw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I really like your border / binding idea - that will make it stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that Virginia Bound is a stunner! A beauty! And it just so happens, I have a plethora of shirt plaids, already cut paper foundations, AND THE BOOK! Guess it's time for me to make one -- just any day now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Why isn't mine closer to being done!?! (I can't even blame my broken machine, since I should have finished it eons ago) But seeing yours makes me want to dedicate myself to its completion. Great looking top!

    ReplyDelete