This is the scene I witnessed outside last night. I only went out to get some milk so I could have breakfast in the morning, I swear!
HA! My entire block was shut down all day yesterday to film "Total Recall" scenes. The remake is set to be released in August 2012. Not my kind of movie, but I will have to see it, just to see if I recognize any of my neighbourhood in "post-apocolyptic England".
I had a great weekend. Hubby came to spend the weekend with me (he brought my sewing machine, and one of my totes of sewing stuff - so I can sew now!) and we were tourists. On the itinerary:
- Dinner at Wimpy's Diner -- I've been smelling these ribs all week, and just waiting for the opportunity to try them!
- Guelph Farmer's Market
- breakfast at the Apollo 11 which is as "greasy spoon" as you can get, but hey - DH was tickled!
- yard saling - we found some great art for the bathroom, a brand new cutting board and knife block, a dish rack, a key rack, and a grater. Driving around Guelph helped us get oriented to out new hometown
- off to Ikea! I love Ikea, and it's only 25 minutes away now
- late lunch/early supper at McCabe's. I had a chicken fajita wrap -- so good! DH had a roasted chicken pizza.
- back to Ikea - I had gotten the wrong lids for my garbage bins, and hey...can you beat the $1 breakfast at Ikea?
- Aberfoyle Antiques Market - we'll be going back again and again - too much to see!
- lunch at The Red Papaya Thai & Grill - DH had "drunken noodles" and I had pad thai. This was his first Thai experience, and he liked it a lot! Never too old to broaden one's horizons, eh?
I still don't have phone, internet, or cable - and I'm not hooking any of these things up until hubby is moved here full time. I can use my cell, I can listen to CBC radio instead of listening to TV (there's nothing on anyway), and I can use the internet down here at Coco Latte steps outside of my door, as I enjoy my morning java!
This morning I'm going to be attending Landlord and Tenant hearings. In London, there is a entire floor of an office building dedicated full time to this. But I guess (and I haven't had a chance to figure it all out yet) it's a sort of "circuit court" sort of situation here in Guelph, where the hearings are held at a Best Western hotel! I'm in the wild frontier here maybe? I'm sure I'll know more about it by lunch time today.