Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Guild Night!

I nearly forgot it was Guild Night



Virginia Ingleby was our guest speaker at tonight's meeting.  Virginia opened her own quilting store "Undercover Quilts and More” five years ago.  The store is located in a historic building in downtown Fergus.  I made sure to check with Virgnina directly about where in Fergus she was located, because I have tried looking for it before.  Should be pretty easy to find -- when there is a Tim Horton's reference in any directions, I'm there.


I took a few minutes at break time to check out the library -- LO AND BEHOLD!!!  I found the two books I've been desperate to find.


First up:





There is a quilt in this book that I have been admiring for months. I turn green with envy every time I open JulieKQuilts blog, and see this quilt in her header.


And next:





FINALLY!  The directions to finish the Shirt Stripes Boxes quilt.


My version will be twice as wide as the one in the book, and will be perfectly sized for our queen-sized bed (I hope)!


4 comments:

  1. That quilt is going to be amazing, what am I saying, It is amazing already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep reminding me of my box of blocks that need to finish and I have no excuses as I havee the book in my personal library. I'll follow your progress and hope to get back at my own soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strips and Strings...I will look for it...sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shirt stripe boxes....I use the one I made as my blog header :0)

    You can do so much with strings,
    Gwen Marston has a book out that does not use foundations in her patterns..it is delightful.
    Happy sewing

    ReplyDelete