Sunday, January 13, 2013

Working on my PhD in Quilting - another finish!

I have a finish to show you!  I finished quilting (on my domestic) and binding "School of Rock" yesterday!  Hubby loves it, and wants to hang it on the wall.  I'm giving it some thought.

This brings me so close to completing all of this month's goals - - I just have 2 BOW blocks to do on the 19th, and the 26th.  Any quilty projects I work on for the rest of the month can be considered a bonus!


In the meantime, I've been working on practicing machine quilting.  I dug out these tea cup blocks (which I mentioned as another UFO project), picked a few favourites and dis some stippling, clamshells, and loops.  Next come the binding, and these will make lovely mug mats -- and another UFO off my list!  A few blocks remain, but because they were 'practice projects' on which I taught myself foundation piecing, they aren't that great -- poorly pieced, bad fabric choices, etc. -- and not worthwhile finishing. I can toss them without a twinge of guilt.




4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love your quilt and those teacup blocks are making such sweet mug rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing School of Rock. The tea cup blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your finish! you are moving right along this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great goal for 2013 and you have already made a good starton the PHD's. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete