Saturday, March 16, 2013

I Cheated

This week's Grandmother's Choice BOW was just a little too much work for me: Seven Pointed Star.  So I considered skipping this week altogether, because I am one block ahead...

But, instead I went back to the Civil War Quilts blog and picked out North Star as a substitute.  There is nothing I don't like about this block.  The sharp contrast between the fabrics is perfect, and I'm pleased that I took the time to get the red pattern all going in the right direction.

And besides...it kinda looks like THIS:

I hope you are celebrating today!

I finished piecing Shirt Stripes Boxes together last night!  I've been working away at the backing all week, along with the crumb blocks.  I have a sneaking suspicion I don't have enough fabric for the back.  

This is really annoying because I had enough shirt backs from all the shirts I used in the top to make the first quilt.  This is going to take some math to figure out.  I'm going to be really quite annoyed if I have to go and buy more blue and white striped shirts!


1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with a little cheating. It is your quilt so you can choose to include or exclude what you like or don't like. The block looks great.

    ReplyDelete