Monday, September 2, 2013

Proud as a Peacock!


I had the opportunity to try out several new techniques in this project: needle-turn applique, applying a zipper to the back of the pillow, making my own piping.  I couldn't be more pleased. And to think I only paid $2 at the thrift store for the complete kit tickles me even more!  I just need to purchase a pillow form, but it's Labour Day today, and nothing is open.

My eyes were nearly burning out of my head by the time I finished the echo quilting last night - - there was no way I was stopping until it was DONE. Hubby took a look at the finished pillow today and asked "is that all hand stitching?"

Yes it is!

Um...you sat next to me for HOURS and HOURS while I quilted this.  I sang the praises of the Clover Desk Needle Threader that you bought me six or seven years ago in Florida, but had never been used before (let alone been out of the package!).  You watched me mark the quilting lines with my Clover Water Erasable Marker, and wanted to know why I was drawing on my fabric....men...
 

1 comment: