Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A little outing - Check out Red Red Bobbin!

Hubby and I went for a little drive today - - the sun was shining, and the temperature well above freezing! This has been the longest winter of my life, and the weatherman is calling for yet ANOTHER winter storm starting tonight, bringing cold temps and 15-25 cm of snow.  OMG!!!  No more!!!!

Itty Bitty attends university about an hour from home at the Brantford campus of Wilfrid Laurier.  He had class this morning, but I had found a new-to-me Quilt Shop: Red Red Bobbin.  Am I ever glad I found it!  I just wonder why it took me until Itty Bitty's 3rd year of university to find it.  Louise, Jim, and Robin were very welcoming--as was Lucy, the resident store dog.

One thing that especially intrigues me is an upcoming visit from Australia's Kathy Doughty in May to teach two workshops.  You know who Kathy is....doesn't EVERYONE follow Material Obsessions???  I may just have to reserve a seat - - hey St. Thomas!  Brantford is only an hour away, and I would LOVE to see you all!

The fabric selection is incredible. 1500 bolts including designs by Kaffe Fassett, Brandon Mably, Philip Jacobs, Jane Sassaman, Martha Negley, Melissa White, Terri Mangat, Tula Pink, Parson Gray, Jay McCarroll, Anna Maria Horner, Kim Schaeffer and Gail Kessler. If I had brought my camera, I would have taken photos.  Such exciting selections, prints I've never seen anywhere before, but no shopping for me - - just looking with my eyes, not my hands! 

I did purchase two books though, including one the I blogged about two weeks ago: Cut The Scraps by Joan Ford (It was signed by the author!)  And I was delighted to learn that Red Red Bobbin prices books at US prices, in Canadian dollars.  Niiiiiiice........


Hubby and I have been marathon watching "Shameless" - we are in the midst of the 3rd season.  Okay - it's filthy - lots of full-frontal nudity, language, sex, and shocking-shocking!-story lines - - it's a guilty pleasure.


2 comments:

  1. I would grab the opportunity to do the class pretty sharpish. What a lucky find. Hope one day she comes to England.

    ReplyDelete