I've been on an organizing rampage for since I last posted, with a goal of getting this sewing room put ship-shape before Itty Bitty comes home for the summer and turns it back into his bedroom.
To that end, I believe I've now touched every piece in my stash, and either folded it neatly, or cut it up into usable sizes in the fashion of Joan Ford's Scrap Therapy method. And just when I think I've gotten to the bottom of the stash, I turn around and find MORE fabric! I've gone through a number of blades, and it's time to get a new cutting mat.
All the while, I'm still sewing together split nine-patches (forty-three blocks) and crumb blocks (about a hundred now). I've also pieced about 80 or so string blocks for "Jamestown Landing" from Bonnie Hunter's String Fling. I've been using up thread too - - any pale colour of thread gets wound on to bobbins, and that way I can just flip in a new bobbin when the previous one runs out of thread without having to go through the nonsense of re-threading my machine. This has certainly helped me clear out some nearly empty spools!
I still have to figure out how I'm going to organize this mess. We went down to Ikea on Monday to have a look-see - - the goal being something storage related. I came home with nothing. I need a SYSTEM!! ARGH!!!!!!
New stash this week: Provencial by Clothworks arrived from Annie's Creative Quilters Fabric Club.
Another "PIN": nailed: